Most of us have used or have come across the necessity of using the Python programming language. Python is one of the most popular programming languages around the world.
Due to many factors, Python is the most preferred programming language for absolute beginners, even in many universities around the world.
Python has several real-world applications in various fields, especially in the artificial intelligence arena. It could most likely be the programming language of the future.
Why is Python so popular? How can you start learning Python? In this article, I’ll help you answer these questions, along with a few course suggestions.
Let’s dive right in.
Why Should You Learn Python?
- Python is a very powerful language but it is simple and easy to learn as it closely resembles the English language. It takes no special skills to learn Python. This simplicity of code and absence of complex syntax is one major reason for Python to outshine other programming languages.
- One of the most popular reasons for choosing Python is its web development capabilities. Python has some of the major frameworks in web development such as Django, Flask, Pylons, and Web2py. Once you start using these python based frameworks, there will be no looking back to PHP or any other programming language of the kind. Many popular websites such as Instagram, Bit Bucket, Pinterest, etc., are built on these frameworks as python also supports Scraping (i.e., fetching details from any other website and storing it in your local system).
- Artificial Intelligence: Python comes with some of the major inbuilt libraries for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning like Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, pylearn2, etc. These libraries reduce the amount of time spent on writing and debugging codes. So even a programmer with just basic knowledge can handle this programming language.
- Python combined with it’s standard GUI library Tkinter provides a fast and easy way to create Graphical User Interface Applications. Python is also widely used for developing desktop applications as well as for game development.
- Python is not just a programming language, but a popular Scripting language too. Here codes are written in the form of scripts to automate the execution of tasks.
- Some of the big tech giants in the industry like Google, YouTube, Instagram, Nasa, IBM, Dropbox, Facebook, etc., use Python widely.
- Python supports Parallel computing. Using libraries like Pydoop, one can write Mapreduce codes and other libraries like Dask, Pyspark, etc., help in Big Data processing.
Where To Learn Python?
Below mentioned are some of the popular Python courses, websites, books, and their links available online. Go through them and pick out the one that suits you well.
➔ The Python Mega Course
This is one of the best Python courses for beginners as well as for advanced programmers. Here you can master Python by building 10 real-world applications. Click here to learn more about this course.
➔ Complete Python Bootcamp
In this course, each topic related to Python is covered very concisely. So by the time you complete this course, you will be confident enough to start your Python career efficiently. Click here to see the course syllabus and other details.
➔ The Modern Python 3 Bootcamp
This course is rich in exercises which help you in practicing what you have learned. There are about 200 exercises and quizzes to practice all of the latest features in Python 3.6. Click here to learn more about the course.
➔ Automate the Boring Stuff with Python Programming
This is the companion course to one of the best books that have ever been written in learning Python. This course will, for sure, amaze you by AI’s knowledge and teaching skills. Click here to learn more about the course.
If you want a more in-depth review of these courses, I’ve written a detailed article about the best Udemy courses to learn Python. Click here to check it out.
➔ Introduction to Python
This is one of the best courses for beginners in learning Python. Here they have a good student support community and interactive quizzes that can aid you in proper learning. It also covers object-oriented programming concepts in detail.
Click here to learn more about the course details.
➔ Python for Everybody Specialization
This is a highly rated course provided by the University of Michigan. You can enroll freely and choose any course you would like to start with.
Click here to check the syllabus and more details about this course.
➔ CS Dojo: YouTube
This will be one of my personal favorite youtube channels to be suggested because I started learning Python with CS Dojo’s videos. It is easily explained in simple language and will be really helpful for beginners to grasp the concepts of programming. Click here to check out the channel.
If you’re looking for a list of YouTube channels where you can find high-quality content on Python for free, I’ve written an article on the same topic for you. Click here to check out my list of 6 best YouTube channels to learn Python.
➔ Learn Python Course From Clever Programmer
This course taught me a lot of programming concepts in Python in a fun way. This course is created by Rafeh Qazi, the founder of Clever Programmer. This is a free course that focuses on the fundamentals of Python, along with some practical programming exercises.
If you don’t have the money to invest in buying a premium Python course, this can be an alternate option for you. Click here to sign up fr this free course.
➔ Github: A Gallery of interesting Jupyter Notebooks
‘General Python Programming’ on this website offers a wide collection of materials that will be very helpful in learning as well as mastering Python. Check out this site.
➔ Python 3 Module of the Week
This is one of the popular websites in the Python world, and it covers a lot of interesting Python modules. Click here to check it out.
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python
- Python Crash Course
- Cracking Codes with Python
- The Quick Python Book
- Classic Computer Science Problems with Python
There are several other resources available online to learn Python other than the ones mentioned here. It doesn’t matter whatever course or resource you choose, but make sure you stick to it and follow it through completely.
You can find several other resources, articles, tutorials, projects, course reviews & suggestions, etc., related to Python on this website.
The demand for Python has always shown a steady uprising curve in the industry. The versatile feature of Python is that it is both powerful and simple. For every purpose, there are extensive multiple standard libraries in Python.
It is worth learning in the computer science field and one of the languages to start learning if you are a newbie in the programming field. To avail the best out of Python, more than just learning, try to master the language.
Coding is a necessary skill in this modern-day era. Invest some money or time in developing a skill and become a highly proficient software developer.
I hope this article was helpful to you in learning something new. I would appreciate it if you’d be willing to share this article so that others can also find it.
Thanks for reading. Happy Coding!