Hi, my name is Ashwin Joy. I am a programmer, computer science engineering graduate, technical trainer, and the founder of Pythonista Planet. I help people learn computer programming in a simple and practical way.
My Career Story
Let me take you back to 2015 when I was 18 years old. After completing 12th grade, I decided to study computer science engineering, even though I didn’t know anything about it.
During the vacation time before my classes began, I decided to go to a local computer center and learn C programming. Well, those sessions were terrible and it was a pretty bad start to my programming career.
After a couple of weeks, I stopped going to those classes and started learning C programming on the Internet. That was when I realized the power of useful tutorials and guides online. I learned the fundamentals of C programming and became interested in the subject.
Python was not in our curriculum and I was disappointed about that since there was a lot of hype around Python on the internet and everyone was talking about it. So I decided to learn Python from the internet. I bought a few courses and learned Python thoroughly. I don’t know why, but I like coding in Python much more than coding in any other language.
I used Python modules and frameworks like Tkinter, Turtle, Django, Flask, Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow, Keras, etc. to build several projects. I graduated from college in 2019 with a Bachelor’s degree in computer science and engineering.
I went on to join an IT company (Tata Consultancy Services) as a software developer. Later, I switched to technical training because I wanted to help others learn to code. I have trained over 50,000 newbie programmers and helped them learn essential technical skills.
I do coaching for students to help them transition from students to software developers or IT professionals. I also go to different campuses to take sessions.
Apart from being a techie, I’m extremely passionate about sports. I like playing sports as well as watching them. Reading self-development books is one of the habits that I’m trying to pick up these days. Even though I don’t always feel like reading books, I enjoy listening to podcasts and videos to improve various aspects of my life.
As a special thank you for visiting my website and reading about me, I’m excited to give you a surprise. Click here to check it out.
Certifications and Achievements
I’ve been recognized for some amazing and some very silly things over the years. But here are some certifications that I’m pretty proud of!
- Bachelor’s Degree In Computer Science and Engineering
- NPTEL Online Certification on Programming, Data Structures, and Algorithms using Python
- NPTEL Online Certification on Introduction to Programming in C
- LearnCodeOnline certification for Mastering Data Structure and Algorithm with Python
- LearnCodeOnline certification for Back-End Web Development with Django
- LearnCodeOnline certification for Machine Learning and Data Science Bootcamp
- LearnCodeOnline certification for PHP Superseries
- LearnCodeOnline certification on The Complete Front-End Web Developer Bootcamp
- Student Volunteer and Webmaster at IEEE UCE SB
- IEEE PES Quiz 2015 Hub Level Finalist
- IEEE Android Fundamentals Workshop
- IEEE UI/UX Development Workshop
- IEEE WordPress Workshop
- IEEE Pre-Extreme Programming Competition
- IEEE AWS Workshop
- All Kerala Computer Society Student Congress 2017
- Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering
- IMAD Student Ambassador – Hasura
If you want to contact me, feel free to write an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find me on these platforms as well: